What is the difference between the European Union and Schengen? And also, what are the advantages of a residence permit and what is the feature of European citizenship?
For those who are thinking about getting a residence permit in one of the countries included in the Schengen area and the European Union, it is necessary to know their capacity to visa-free entry and residence.
There is a difference between countries within the European Union and the countries joining the Schengen Agreement. And now we will try to figure it out.
As you know, the European Union comprises 28 countries, and the Schengen zone – 26. But only 22 countries are united by the fact that they are members of both organizations.

If you get a residence permit of a country within the European Union and the Schengen area at the same time, you have a great advantage, as the possibility of an unlimited stay in this country, and in addition, you can be in any EU country for 90 days and in any country of the Schengen area – up to 180 days.

Request consultation by filling out the form in footer

Even if you have a residence permit of a country within the Schengen area only, you can still visit without visas such countries as Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia, which are the countries of the European Union, but not part of the Schengen area.

But it is still impossible to enter the territory of the United Kingdom and Ireland, even if you have all the advantages of a residence permit of the state both within the EU and Schengen. Since joining the EU, these countries once restricted their immigration policies and subject to the Schengen agreement only in the fight against crime.
But if you have a residence permit in an EU country that is not in the Schengen zone, you can only live in this country, but you cannot enter or live in the Schengen countries.

Therefore, it is absolutely not suitable for those who are interested in living in the European Union and travel in the Schengen area without visas.
There is another case with citizenship. Those who have the nationality of one of the member states of the European Union, have the right to stay and reside in any other country of the European Union absolutely freely.

The only thing you need is to pass some small formalities, if your stay is not limited to 90 days. You are free to work or study in any of the 28 countries of your choice.

Very good company that helps you to organize RP in latvia is here – p-residence.com

This article written by the editor of MANAmāja.lv

Recommended Posts